You know that moment in December where you look around and realize that there’s less than a week until Christmas, yet somehow the last time you looked at the date it was Thanksgiving? Yeah, it’s been that kind of month. Here’s what happened, briefly.
- Joe and I have gone to two holiday parties together, sans child. Amy wore earrings and necklaces without fear of them being brutally grabbed by a baby! Thank you for babysitting grandmas!
- A lot of holiday shopping has been done online. Stores are for people who can leave the house, and whose main advice regarding their child wasn’t “don’t bring him to the mall.”
- Physical therapy
-Benjamin is gaining a ton of neck strength and can hold himself up *really* well with support and for a dash without support.
-Benjamin can “tripod” sit independently for just long enough for me to snap a picture before catching him as he tips over.
-Benjamin can roll over 3/4 of the way or 270 degrees. He hasn’t flipped from his side to his belly yet, but it looks imminent.
- Vision therapy
– Benjamin *loves* vision therapy; there’s songs and lights and lots of toys. His therapist lets him play with lots of different things, exploring different textures, sights and sounds.
- Benjamin got his first synagis shot (out of 5 total) to help protect against RSV
- Joe was in Atlanta for 4 nights, Cayman spent some well deserved time at Camp Bow Wow, and Amy and Benjamin had some quality time.
- Benjamin went from eating really badly to eating not so badly, but also to “only eating for Amy”
- We got a beautiful Christmas tree. Ben wasn’t a huge fan at first.
- Today Benjamin is having his NICU follow up appointment. Feels like a milestone!
So someday soon hopefully we’ll put up a real blog post where we talk in detail about any of the above things, or something else new entirely. I just didn’t want to let the whole month slip away without checking in!