Thanks to Maria at Mummyhoodmadness for passing on a “Liebster Award”.
It is given to blogs with less than 300 followers as a way of making them more well-known to other bloggers. So what the heck, I’ll play along.
The rules for the acceptance are (man I didn’t know there would be homework!):
1) Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you (done and done)
2) Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back (also done)
3) Answer the 10 questions posed by the blogger who nominated you (ok… will do that below)
4 ) Select 3 – 5 bloggers for the award (all right let me think about that)
5) Pose 10 new questions to the new nominees (wait – is this a chain letter?)
6) Post the award on your blog (easy enough – let’s do this right now)
Ok – answer time (and I’m answering just for me here):
1) What made you start blogging?
When Benjamin was first born we wanted to keep our family and friends up to date but all those phone calls are rough – especially when things were scary. (And we hated the caringbridge interface… so , here we are). Then it became more of a way to vent, then it became a place to share Ben’s progress, and it looks like it will be shifting to be more about raising a super kids who is visually impaired
2) Best childhood memory?
Staying up late with my friend Chris, mixing up awful blue concoctions to drink and watching bad movies
3) Favourite place in the world?
That one is easy – our friend’s family place up on Lake George. Early in the morning, sitting on the porch with a cup of coffee.
4) Summer sun or Winter wonderland?
I’m more of an Autumn…
5) First thought that came into your head when you woke up this morning?
No way that’s my alarm – no, there has been a terrible mistake sir. I am going back to sleep until this is straightened out
6) Popcorn, sweet or salty?
Why not both?
7) Predictable or spontaneous?
Predictable – I am boring and risk averse
8) Worst subject at school?
German (Good thing I took Italian)
9) First thing you would buy or do if you won the lottery?
10) Personal ambition you have?
I really just want to make it through the week is all
So who gets nominated from me?
Thomas Marshall Does it All – A very very helpful blog for Amy and I with great tips for raising a visually impaired child. Thomas is an amazing kid and we love this blog.
The McGloin Family – Mia writes about raising her two boys on her blog she started when her first son was born prematurely. We love all the really cute photos of her kids.
Amber and Max – Amber does a great job sharing her thoughts on raising a blind child and is always on the look out for interesting books and information.
And for questions if you would like to play along too – a little old, a little new
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the most important thing you have gotten out of your blog?
- Favorite memory
- Favorite book
- Favorite place
- What movie have you seen the most times?
- New years resolutions?
- What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
- First thing you would buy or do if you won the lottery?
- Seriously, though – how cute is(are) your kid(s)?