Do not worry – Ben does not have a fungal infection again. That is not why I’m talking about Fungus Puns today. You see, everyday I check the dashboard of the blog, that, among other things, shows what people have searched for that brought them here. One of the top terms that people search for and click through to get here is, strangely, “Fungus Puns.” I suppose it’s because of the post titled “All Out of Fungus Puns” but it’s funny that so many people are looking for puns about fungi.
As a guy who works in marketing, I know an untapped market when I see one. So, I know this blog _is_ called “All About the Benjamin Baby“, I beg your forgiveness while I give the people what they want – Fungus Puns. (For the record, I believe puns are the lowest form of humor).
- A mushroom walks into a bar, sits down and orders a drink. The bartender says “We don’t serve mushrooms here.” The mushroom says, “Why not? I’m a fun guy!”
- Why did the fungus send flowers to his mom? It was the yeast he could do!
- What sort of dessert does a fungus bring to a party? A jello mold!
- What do fungi enjoy around a campfire? S’pores!
- Why did the algae and the fungus get married? They took a lichen to each other.
- And a bonus for the hardcore fungus dorks: What does a fungus get with his burger? Elias Magnus Fries (founding father of the modern taxonomy of mushrooms)